positive effects of RF interference?
May 3, 2002 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

logan

New Head-Fier
I've considered a usb dac for my laptop in order to escape RF noise, however, I've discovered one positive of the aspect of the interference situation. While listening to either to some cheap powered speakers out of a soundblaster in a PC, or ER6's from an Airhead from an iBook, I can hear the radio signal alerting my mobile phone to an incoming call. A second or two before my phone actually rings, I'll get a buuu-be-di-bu-be-di-bu over the source. Over the speakers it's nothing more than novel; phone esp, not much of a bother or use though. However, with my ER6's plugged in, I often can't hear my phone over the isolation and music. In this case the interference is a neat feature. As if it were routing the ring over the headphones. I even get that tiny headstart so I can pull an ety out and reach for the phone. It's Cingular GSM service (8290) for reference. Anyone want to convince the marketing guys at the phone companies to sell this as a service? Anyone else ever hear interesting radio over their computers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back