positional audio for competitive fps
Sep 30, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #31 of 37
guys sorry but i m planning to use hesuvi,now my question is:
if i buy dac+amp with great audio quality and use hesuvi for sorround is that config better then mine?if yes can u tell me the best sorround option?(dolby atmos?) and best dac/amp for my ad700x?

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #32 of 37
I gave the modded drivers in the first link you provided. I could only select stereo for my output format so I still needed to use vcable and ks repeater. I also couldn't get the Atmos App running. I got it installed, but it just kept telling me I needed to have headphones plugged in - even though they were plugged in. Luckily, I made a Macrium backup before I tried installing them so I just restored the way it was (I was also hoping those modded drivers would have the option to disable power management, but no joy there either).
Going the KS repeater also lets me use my Fiio X3 as a DAC, but even though the sound is better, I keep getting buffer underruns or something that make a near constant ticking. I haven't gone about trying to troubleshoot that yet

Sorry didnt help, dont know why that drivers works so fine on my pc.
7.1 on headphones
Dts or dolby via spdif to my AV receiver...

So nice

By the way, I just tried 1MORE vr Spreadhead with Hesuvi (it shows on windows like a 7.1 headphone) and works so nicely.
I would like to do the same with a DAC, using 7.1 directly on windows

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #33 of 37
Sorry didnt help, dont know why that drivers works so fine on my pc.
7.1 on headphones
Dts or dolby via spdif to my AV receiver...

So nice

By the way, I just tried 1MORE vr Spreadhead with Hesuvi (they shows on windows like a 7.1 headphone) and works so nicely.
I would like to do the same with a DAC, using 7.1 directly on windows

No worries, I wasn't exactly expecting the drivers to do much different. Like I mentioned, Acer totally screwed everyone who bought this laptop by putting such a crappy sound chip in it. By contrast my ancient MSi laptop has built in 7.1 - too bad its way too old for any recent games

Oct 1, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #34 of 37
guys sorry but i m planning to use hesuvi,now my question is:
if i buy dac+amp with great audio quality and use hesuvi for sorround is that config better then mine?if yes can u tell me the best sorround option?(dolby atmos?) and best dac/amp for my ad700x?

Most dacs are 2.0, and that creates some complications with using hesuvi. If your motherboard supports 7.1 audio in windows with your headphones plugged in, then use the motherboard audio, or just buy a headphone amp.

Also, the soundblaster z method isn't bad. It comes with a good dac, an okay amp (though I wish the output impedance was lower), and I have found sbx surround to give me pretty good externalization. I think just sticking with that is perfectly fine tbh.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #35 of 37
Most dacs are 2.0, and that creates some complications with using hesuvi. If your motherboard supports 7.1 audio in windows with your headphones plugged in, then use the motherboard audio, or just buy a headphone amp.

Also, the soundblaster z method isn't bad. It comes with a good dac, an okay amp (though I wish the output impedance was lower), and I have found sbx surround to give me pretty good externalization. I think just sticking with that is perfectly fine tbh.
the for you i simply use sbz 5.1 for hesuvi(actually i had tried cmss3d without reverb) and sbx all off

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #36 of 37
then guys for you is better:
ad700x + sbz (dac/amp) without sbx sorround + hesuvi cmss3d/dolby
or sell sbz and :
ad700x + fiio e10k + hesuvi cmss3d/dolby
which is better for audio quality and positional accuracy?

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #37 of 37
then guys for you is better:
ad700x + sbz (dac/amp) without sbx sorround + hesuvi cmss3d/dolby
or sell sbz and :
ad700x + fiio e10k + hesuvi cmss3d/dolby
which is better for audio quality and positional accuracy?

The second option, assuming working the way we would want (using dolby headphone), would be.

is it worth the cost and trouble? that is hard to say, and only your opinion would matter with regards to that.

The creative dac and amps are generally pretty low quality, when compared to audiofool parts (I love my FiiO, I like my creative DAC/amp (E5)), but the reason to pass on them is their unwillingness to use industry concepts like Dolby headphone. They are all about profit (but then thats business), and I find it sad when companies won’t pay for some licenses, and instead obsfucate the market with inferior crap, and then market the hell out of it......

dolby headphone works. a3d (bought and killed by creative worked well),.. lots of stuff works- but you have to determine what you are satisfied with.

dolby headphone has always allowed ‘pin point’ precision in any scenario I have found it.
I’d probably buy a second hand earforce by turtle beach (i paid less than $50 for one many years ago), and it was ‘VERY IMPRESSIVE’ but did require a dolby digital feed, which can be hard to feed games out of a PC using. (n-force is so 2000’s)

the auzentech prelude I paid $10 for (second hand) would like to have a word to us all- auzentech licensed creative chipsets, and made a superior sound card (although they cost around $400 aus if I recall) which supported all sorts of cool stuff.
i actually bought an asus essense mostly for ‘dolby headphone’

if some software can give you dolby headphone, then thats what Id recommend. there are others, and I am sure a few would be ‘alright’.

how much any of this is worth... ? my kill to death rate went up in battlefield, so I justify the $10 second hand buy, or anything taking a small amount of my time.
if i was a gaming professional; Id invest in accurate headphone sound for sure.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back