Portland Stores
Dec 6, 2002 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

akar

500+ Head-Fier
I will be in Portland this weekend.
Is there anything of interest I should check out while I'm there?
No sight-seeing, this trip is strictly rampant consumerism.

Dec 6, 2002 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 15
Magnolia Hifi by Clackamas Town Center has some grados and some Sennheisers. There's a place on Hawthorne but I can't remember the name. PM Neruda or Kwarth or whatever his name is.

Dec 7, 2002 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 15
Stereotypes. Btw, I have never been to Portland. I only ordered some stuff from them over the phone.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 7, 2002 at 6:41 AM Post #7 of 15
I second Stereotypes. I bought some speakers there a few years ago and it seemed like a very nice store with helpful employees. It's only about a mile away from my house and I would really like to get a job there next summer.

Dec 7, 2002 at 9:54 AM Post #8 of 15
the place on hawthorne is probably Fred's Sound of Music. Great place, used to go there when I lived in Portland.

Dec 7, 2002 at 6:35 PM Post #9 of 15
Brownells Sound, on Hawthorne street, has a good selection of headphones, also. Just down the street from Fred's Sound of Music.

Dec 7, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 15
Powells's books.I went completely stupid when I was there last.

Dec 8, 2002 at 12:15 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Powells's books.I went completely stupid when I was there last.

If you are into books then Powell's is a must. It's the biggest new and used bookstore in the world.

Hmmm... what else..... Well, Pro Photo Supply is a really good photography store - if you're into that. Anything else you want to look at specifically?

Dec 11, 2002 at 1:19 AM Post #12 of 15
Well, I managed to get to Magnolia Hi-Fi by Clackamas Town Center and Fred's Sound of Music on Hawthorne.

The Magnolia Hi-Fi was alot bigger than the one I went to in Tukwila, WA.
BTW, a salesman at the store by Clackamas Town Center said they will no longer be carrying Grados. I would assume he meant all Magnolia Hi-Fi stores, but he didn't specify.

I picked up a pair of Grado SR-40s from Fred's Sound Emporium.

I looked for, but couldn't find Stereotypes.
Maybe someone could post some detailed directions so I could prepare in advance for my next Portland trip.

Dec 11, 2002 at 1:40 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by akar
I looked for, but couldn't find Stereotypes.
Maybe someone could post some detailed directions so I could prepare in advance for my next Portland trip.

May be this would help.

Dec 11, 2002 at 4:11 AM Post #14 of 15
Or you could arrange to have a Portland local meet you and take you to all the places with the minimum amount of hassle and have a good time too. All ya gotta do is say when. Buy me a beer and we'll call it even...

Dec 11, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
Or you could arrange to have a Portland local meet you and take you to all the places with the minimum amount of hassle and have a good time too. All ya gotta do is say when. Buy me a beer and we'll call it even...

That's a good idea, I would just have to find something for my wife to do.
I think we will probably make another trip to Portland this coming spring or summer.
We haven't worked out our trip schedule that far ahead yet.
There should be a few more trips to Seattle, a couple to San Diego, one to Portland, and one to Mexico coming up within the next 6 or 8 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back