Portland Oregon Meet, Summer 2010
Jul 29, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #76 of 131
I think I'll be able to make it. It'll be fun to hear other people's gear again. I picked up a used Isabellina HPA recently, but haven't had much time to spend with it. Perhaps this meet will inspire me to make time beforehand.
normal_smile .gif

I have one small-ish card table I can bring, plus a few folding camping chairs if those are needed, too.

-Matt

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #77 of 131

Quote:
No excuses Ethan. You better make it cause it ain't a Portland meet without a Stacker amplifier..lol

Hahaha...well, it sounds like I may end up being the driver for the Seattle Expeditionary Force, so it looks more and more like I either have to commit to being there or flake out real soon.  Chances are currently leading toward the former.

And if Alex is going to be there, I should bug him about bringing along my replacement grills and new foam for my LCD-2.
devil_face.gif
  Or more likely I'll just chill and enjoy myself without worrying too much...heh.

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #78 of 131

Quote:

And if Alex is going to be there, I should bug him about bringing along my replacement grills and new foam for my LCD-2.
devil_face.gif
  Or more likely I'll just chill and enjoy myself without worrying too much...heh.

Excellent money saving plan. Please ask him to bring a couple of LCD-2 for sell !!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #79 of 131
So here are some of the notable post-meet spots from my perspective.

Fantastic Mexican food (tacos, chips and salsa, not burritos) at Por Que No.   They have a fairly large outdoor patio in back.  Their beer and wine selection isn't large, but their rotating tap is almost always good.   Within walking distance.

Exceptional thin-crust pizza at Pizza Scholls, also within walking distance.   They usually have excellent beers on tap as well.  It's always packed. I think they take reservations for a group of 8 or more, although I doubt we'd have an accurate enough head count to make that work.

HopWorks (aka HUB) is a 2-mile jaunt from 32-Ohm.  Excellent beers, very good pub food, large enough to accommodate a big group.

The more libation-oriented choices:
Bar of the Gods (BOG) is walking distance; so is the Space Room.  Both are dives in the best and worst sense... cheap, dark, loud and strong drinks.

McMenamins beer and food are not usually exceptional, but they have some of the most interesting places around.  Their Back Stage Bar is an amazing place with pool, billiards, 7(!) story ceiling, and an adjoining cigar-and-port bar.

- Jonathan

p.s. Out of towners: If you really want a Portland experience, try the food carts at 12th&Hawthorne (aka Cartopia) after dark.   For late night snacks you can't beat the Whiffie Pies and the Potato Champion fries.  No alcohol though, so it might not be the best choice this time around unless you're still hungry after the post meet...

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #81 of 131
Bar of the Gods? cheap, dark, dive?  Sounds heavenly!

Jul 29, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #82 of 131
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 30, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #84 of 131

Quote:
Hahaha...well, it sounds like I may end up being the driver for the Seattle Expeditionary Force, so it looks more and more like I either have to commit to being there or flake out real soon.  Chances are currently leading toward the former.

devil_face.gif

Quote:
Excellent money saving plan. Please ask him to bring a couple of LCD-2 for sell !!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well its settled then..am putting you two down as well as Gil. Now you guys get Kingstyles to go along as well.. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #85 of 131

Quote:
Quote:
Well its settled then..am putting you two down as well as Gil. Now you guys get Kingstyles to go along as well.. 
biggrin.gif

Me and Gil are near definites, I think.  Kingstyles sounds like it's less a matter of desire as diplomacy with significant other.  I'm going to stay far away from that for the sake of my mental and emotional well-being. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #86 of 131
Soooooo.

Who's bringing what?

I can bring my DT770's that have the black gel pads and my Fiio E1 and PA2V2.
I'm more the budget head-fi'er than the one than can spend the $$$$$$ on headphones and uber tube amps.
Altought I do have "budget" custom IEM but it's not like they can be used by anyone else.
My ipod is filled with mostly apple lossless though so I guess it could be used as a source if someone wanted to.

Hmmm, I wonder if 32 Ohm Audio has/can make cables for custom IEM that aren't super expensive.....?
(I have been thinking of getting a Null Audio Enyo or Lune cable for my customs, the Lune price would be my max)
Hey, guruindrag, you going to be joining us for drinks afterwards
wink_face.gif
beerchug.gif

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #87 of 131
Have some peeps in Portland, may have a few people with me. Meets get better with a few more people right?

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #88 of 131
I can bring my portable gear (the stuff in my profile), but it's all fairly standard (ipod 160gig with mostly alac songs, Fiio E5, MTPG). I do have extra tips for my MTPGs that I'm not using if people want to try stuff out.

My future mother-in-law is supposed to be giving me some crazy tube radio/turntable from the 50s in the next week or two, but I fear that baby would be WAY too heavy to haul around. :)

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #89 of 131
I'll be bringing my T1/T50p/HD650.  Had a hell of a time setting up the WA6 for some reason so I may leave that at home, the ZERO (stock) and Protector amps should have no problem making it over.

The camera kit for my ipad arrived so I'll be bringing that as my source, problem being I have no USB DAC.  Anyone feel like testing camera kit compatibility?
smile.gif

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #90 of 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviationer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Who's bringing what?

I'll bring my netbook -> Isabellina HPA -> Doge rig, plus my iPod -> Pico, along with my HD580s, HD600s and JH16s (can't really share those, though). I'll also bring my Etymotic ER4s, with a few sets of new tips just in case anyone cares about those.

I'm looking forward to comparing the "original" Isabellina HPA to the LFP-V upgraded one Ken should be bringing!
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back