Portland Oregon Meet, Summer 2010
Jul 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #47 of 131
Annapurna in Stumptown!   An aural banquet beckons.
Count me in for the 29th.  I can supply two card tables...

Jonathan

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #48 of 131
heya Jonathan..Good to see you are active on the forum buddy. Look forward to seeing you again and awesome stuff coming up with the tables.

Okay gents, we have a confirmed meet date. It is the 22nd of August. We have confirmation that Alex Rosson from Audez'e will be joining us as well. Make plans, change plans..just make it there stumptowners.
We have Ken's place on SE Hawthorne as the tentative meet place.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #49 of 131
Hey boomy, make it on over pal and i'll sweeten the pot. I've got a 1941 Airline, mahogany cabinet needs finishing, 10" t table is not worth schiit (sorry, had to) these days, but the 60 watt amp looks intact, tubes ok i think and i found a schematic for it. Just picked it up for a song, but i won't have time to deal with it for years. Lots of conversion possibilities i thought. Come on over and haul it away if you want it.

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #51 of 131
Hey Tuna, that is pretty rough? But Boomy should be the one to restore it. When it it is done, I would be smiling?

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #52 of 131

Quote:
Hey Tuna, that is pretty rough? But Boomy should be the one to restore it. When it it is done, I would be smiling?

Gil buddy..make plans with Ethan and the rest of the seattle gang to make the trip down south. Look forward to raising a few glasses with you fine gents.

And Boomy, do make it to the meet..you will get to hear the Wharfie zebrawoods that couldn't have been possible without your generosity.

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #53 of 131
We will see, dinner before the trek back may be doable?

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #55 of 131
22nd it is!  

is there a tentative time for the meet?  32 ohm is open from 12 to 5 on sundays, and will still be operating out of the original location... 

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #56 of 131

Quote:
22nd it is!  

is there a tentative time for the meet?  32 ohm is open from 12 to 5 on sundays, and will still be operating out of the original location... 

I can't imagine it will be open for business if there's nothing in the store.

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #57 of 131
last i heard from ken, the new location wouldn't actually be in operation until the first week of september.  will the new space be finished sooner than originally thought?  

Jul 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #59 of 131

Quote:
You say that now, but we had Seamaster show up at the wrong venue initially for the Seattle meet, so ya never know! 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
well that's what happens to a seamaster when he makes shore..yeah yeah lame joke i know.

I always thought we were going to meet in a room at Red-Hook. So, I was the first customer there, and wondering where was everyone else. Well, after a few drinks, I figure out......
basshead.gif
 you know
basshead.gif

Good beer did make me think better.
beerchug.gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #60 of 131
Did you walk in and drink first before you lugged in the Luxman?  If you dragged your rig in, that must've gotten some strange stares.

And I guess that while it was the wrong place, at least it was the wrong place with beer. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back