Portapros with KSC75 clips?
Dec 17, 2008 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

raccoon

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have a pair of KSC75 headphones and I love them, but I heard the KSC35 is much better. The only problem is koss.com is the only place I can find the KSC35 for sale and they charge $25 for shipping! So I've been reading and discovered that the Portapros are exactly the same as the KSC35 except for the headband. What I was wondering is, is it possible to just remove the headband on the Portapros, pop my KSC75 earclips on them, and voila, I have the KSC35? I'm wondering if the 75 clip-ons actually fit on them, and if this setup would be the same as the 35s.
I ordered a FiiO E5 amp so I'm hoping it goes well with the Portapros or even the 75, not that the E5 is expensive but still
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 10
Cool, thanks. Is the same true for the Sportapro or should I go with the Portapro for this mod? I want it to be as close to the KSC35 as possible.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 10
I believe the Sportapro share the same driver as the KSC35, so in that regard Sportapro=Portapro=KSC35. Go with whatever is cheaper.

IMO, Sportapro would be the better choice in terms of cost and aesthetics; The driver housing is black like the KSC35, whereas it is sky blue on the Portapro. Looking @ the Koss site, the Sportapro seems cheaper by $20.

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 10
The portapro have a better wire over the 75 and better bass. I use the portapro drivers in the 75 clips for years now.

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 10
Hmm I didn't consider the cabling, good point. I don't have a soldering iron so a good wire right from the get-go is important. Sounds like the Portapro + 75 clip is the way to go to get that KSC35 goodness! Thanks.

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #7 of 10
Sportapro or Portapro or Ksc 35 or 75 are very special headphones! They are not my "main rig" but any time I use them their qualities shine!

I got the following KSC35 from a headfier!
Full specs:
3.5' SPC recable
75 Ohm resistor mod
PortaPro headband
HD414 pads and stock pads

The HD414pads are the ugly yellow one but mine were dyed black!

The Sportapro were the first I one I bought many years ago and it was follwing this review that I bought them, when I bought a PA2V2 headphone amp.
Welcome to Electric-Avenues.com - Headphones

Also as a bonus Koss puts a llifetime warranty on its products.

They are all very good for travel and are also very light.

regards,

Dec 19, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #8 of 10
Well, I don't really know what just happened.

I have the KSC75, and I'm really happy with them. I started reading reviews of the 35s, then I just started to randomly browse different threads. All of a sudden I just ordered the ATH-AD900. I don't really know what happened when I was browsing this forum. I was possessed or something!

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by raccoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I don't really know what just happened.

I have the KSC75, and I'm really happy with them. I started reading reviews of the 35s, then I just started to randomly browse different threads. All of a sudden I just ordered the ATH-AD900. I don't really know what happened when I was browsing this forum. I was possessed or something!

I think they call it getting 'bit by the bug' around here. Soon, you'll find yourself selling your siblings and parts of your body to fund your next fix :]

Dec 19, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by solessthanthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they call it getting 'bit by the bug' around here. Soon, you'll find yourself selling your siblings and parts of your body to fund your next fix :]

I do have this itch to get an external DAC and AMP...must...resist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back