portapro2 bliss
Feb 25, 2005 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

emadgin

Head-Fier
I was searching for a cheap good sounding open phone that would benefit from my maxi moy amp when i was at work. I have grado sr225's and lugging those back and forth to and from work every day was just not going to happen and wearing my e3c's wouldn't work as I need to hear when the phone rings so I decided to get the portapro2's as they had them at my local Circuit City so I was able to try them on and found absolutely no discomfort as some people had mentioned. I brought my 4g ipod with me and they sounded absolutely stunning straight out of the headphone jack, it made me double check the $29.99 price tag. Once i got them home and had them burning in on the maxi moy from the ipod line out i realized that i would not need to search any further for a open can that i can use at work that won't sound absolutely terrible compared to my other phones. The portapro's get definite 2 thumbs up in my book and are highly recommended to anyone looking for a great sounding cheap set of cans or doesn't have the budget for high end cans but still wants high end sound you can't go wrong with these.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 4
Agree... others use a 75 ohm adapter to smooth out the mids. Never tried one myself.

Yet another to see the light. Cheap can still sound decent. Listening to my KSC75 as I type this
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Garrett

Feb 25, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 4
That is why I got two pairs, besides that it has lifetime warranty, everytime it breaks, you mail it back to them with 6.00 and get a new one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back