PortaPro2 available at CC for $20!
May 1, 2004 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

BigFil

100+ Head-Fier
PortaPro 2's can be had at CircuitCity for 20 bucks until they figure out their database rings up the price for the KTXPro1. When they do figure it out they are still only 30 bucks.

PortaPro2's are the same as the original PortaPros except the 2's don't have the comfort zone adjustment and some very slight color changes (IMHO better looking).

I wonder if Koss is planning on discontinuing the SportaPro since the 2's are now in direct competion with them at the 30 dollar price point. Although the 2's don't have the behind the head option they also don't have the bass rattle that the SportaPro's have.

May 1, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 11
Just tried. I got caught. Evidently the KTXPro1 is the suggested alternative, since the PP2 aren't listed in stock, though are on the floor. They corrected the price to $39.99 for me.
frown.gif

May 1, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 11
That sux! 39.95? The tag on the rack at the Santa Rosa, CA store listed them as 29.95. I saw someone else in a previous thread got them for 19.95 also. Oh well, maybe the gigs up.

May 1, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 11
I just ran out to Circuit City and they had one pair. Which is unusual. They usually never have anything good. They suck, when it comes right down to it. But, they had one pair and it was listed for 39.99. I took it to the register hoping some irresponsible 18 year old keyed in the wrong price in the computer. But no such luck. $20 is a steal, $30 is fair, but $40 is dumb.

May 1, 2004 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 11
Basically they look virtually identicle to the originals except the plastic on the drivers is black instead of baby blue and the chrome outer circles is much less pronounced. Overall they look better IMO, but it is really minor.

May 3, 2004 at 5:19 PM Post #10 of 11
I've seen them at 2 different CircuitCity stores here in Columbus, OH, and both had them for $39.99-- the tag was handwritten too (apparently by a 6 year old, by the looks of it). Since there's no comfort zone settings, one would be better off getting the Sportapros at $24-29 and bending the headband so they don't fit as tight, and hence, will have less mid-bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back