Portapro vs Portapro2
May 2, 2006 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

konis

New Head-Fier
Is there a difference bewteen the two. Do they have the same drivers? Difference in price is quite dramatic since Portapro cost ~$35 and Portapro2 ~$20.

May 2, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 5
AFAIK the only differences are lack of temple adjustments on the Portapro2, and different labels on the earcups.

May 2, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 5
IMHO, the temple adjustments are ESSENTIAL. You can keep the PortaPros on for double the time thanks to those adjustments, and you can choose between a boomy bass and a more neutral presentation thanks to those adjustments. Talk about saving money in the wrong place.

May 2, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 5
I got the less-expensive PortaPro 2's, and I would agree that the temple adjustment capability would be a nice thing. I got the PortaPro 2's partly to fill a need for value-priced open headphones (I primarily use IEMs and canal phones) and partly because I wanted to hear what the fuss was all about.

For the money you'll pay, you'll get a good value, whichever you get. But for a "full-time" headphone, if that's how you would be using them, consider the more expensive PortaPro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back