PortaPro 2s for Jogging?
Aug 11, 2004 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zyx345

New Head-Fier
Can the Koss PortaPro 2s be used for jogging or running?

I am paticularly interested to know if they are resistant to sweat of if they will get ruined if I run in the rain w. them.

Aug 11, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 7
I've owned PortaPros and I bet they would work great for jogging and exercise in general.

Aug 12, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by zyx345
I am paticularly interested to know if they are resistant to sweat of if they will get ruined if I run in the rain w. them.

I don't know how much sweat will hurt them, but I don't know if there are any headphones that are waterproof. Running in the rain is fun, but it might not be as safe with headphones, and the rain may ruin your headphones in when you try.

Aug 12, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #4 of 7
I doubt headphones built like the PortaPro would incur any damage from rain. I suppose the pads might deteriorate and the headband could corrode, but that seems unlikely unless they got wet constantly and over a long period of time.

Aug 12, 2004 at 7:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Koss Porta Pro 2s stick to my head like glue when I'm running my <5:30 mile, so they should work for you.

As for the rain, I would not recommend using them for any duration in soaking wet weather...

Sweat should be fairly harmless, however.

I'd highly recommend the Porta Pros for listening during vigorous exercise.

Aug 13, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #7 of 7
I use the portapro 1 when I'm running, no problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back