Portaphile 2 or Porta Corda MKII???
Feb 15, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by AficionadoZone
I am new to this and am wondering which of these amps would be better for using with HD600's? Also, I have seen something about impedence matching. Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks,
Robert

Run away now and pretend that you never found this site! Seems like you dont need any more expensive hobbies. It is addicting and will consume you.

But if you must I would go with a high gain Portaphile. I use my HD600s with my Portaphile and it runs them very well...no where near their potential but if you are in need of a portable amp to pair up with the 600s then go for it.

Feb 15, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #3 of 5
biggrin.gif
You are very right! I definitely don't need another expensive hobby! But if I was to succomb, what do you mean by high gain portaphile? Does this have to do with the impedance thing I asked about?

Thanks!
Robert

Feb 15, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by AficionadoZone
biggrin.gif
You are very right! I definitely don't need another expensive hobby! But if I was to succomb, what do you mean by high gain portaphile? Does this have to do with the impedance thing I asked about?

Thanks!
Robert

Yes it does. but I am pretty new to this myself and I think some of the more seasoned people might be able to clear it up better then me...sorry

Feb 15, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 5
The Sennheiser trio 580/600/650 are all 300 ohms impedence. They prefer to be driven by a 0 ohm output. The stock Porta Corda Mk II out is 0 ohm, I don't know about the Portaphile.

Anyway don't expect miracles if you drive these headphones from batteries! The PC MKII can have an external 24V PS, I read that it does the job pretty well but I've not tried it myself.

You might want to look at the HA-1 MkII for the HD-600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back