Portables Mini Meet @ 35,000 feet in 2 movements
Mar 6, 2007 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SiBurning

1000+ Head-Fier
Movement 1: Thursday April 19, 2007 5:55 pm est - 9:50 pst. Jetblue flight 173 from JFK to SJC.

Movement 2: Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:45 pm pst - Monday, April 23 7:07 am est. Jetblue flight 174 from SJC to JFK.

Seating is limited. Sign up soon.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #2 of 8
Thinking about what gear to bring. I doubt the HeadRoom MicroBomber gets past airport security.
TyllNY07061.jpg

Might just bring the iriver H140, iriver 550 cdp, the HeadLine, and my Etys. Also the microstack (emphasis on the micro) with just the standard 9v batteries.

How about concentrating on the music? I have a few new CDs.
Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Mingus
Vivaldi
Foghat

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 8
I'd love to say I'm bringing the smallest gear in the world, but I don't have the SuperMicro IV.

Close enuf will be:

System 1 – 4G 40G iPod > ALO Jumbo Silk Dock > my esteemed RSA Stealth-Black Tomahawk > Westone ES2 Custom Translucent Blue IEMs.

System 2 – 4G 40G iPod > ALO Jumbo Silk Dock > RSA (near-stealth) Black M-Hornet > ES2 /or/ Senn PXC-300 Noise-Reducing Folding Supra-Aural Headphones /or/ VSonic Canal Phones.

System 3 – 4G 40G iPod > ALO Jumbo Silk Dock > Portaphile LT1210 Maxxed > ES2 /or/ Senn PXC300.

Yeah, I know – seems to be a familiar trend here.

No big phones for me. I've tried them on planes, and there's no point. The jet engine whine, wind roar, and ambient yak/baby whale/snores obliterate any quality and usually most of the music with the best phones, which tend to be open or semi-open. I also want to "carry-on light".

I'd love to say I'll be wearing a classy Hawaiian Shirt, but my two antique rayons haven't fit me since I was a young, lean and relatively muscle-less musician (too busy playing to work out, of course – and whopping high metabolism).

Suggestions might be considered.

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiBurning /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about concentrating on the music? I have a few new CDs.
Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Mingus
Vivaldi
Foghat

Foghat???!!! Lawdy, Lawdy.

Which Mingus? ("Mingus - Oh Yeah" which includes such gems as "Eat That Chicken", "Wham Bam Thank You Ma'm" and "Oh Lord Don't Drop That Atomic Bomb On Me" ???)

Vivaldi who?

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be in on the movement 2 meet
biggrin.gif

I always like the 2nd movement because it seems to be the perfect transition between the 1st and the last.

However, we'll need to do some esoteric time shifting to meet up at the 7-mile stratum!

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Foghat???!!! Lawdy, Lawdy.

Which Mingus? ("Mingus - Oh Yeah" which includes such gems as "Eat That Chicken", "Wham Bam Thank You Ma'm" and "Oh Lord Don't Drop That Atomic Bomb On Me" ???)

Vivaldi who?

I saw Foghat back in the 70s. Don't remember exactly where... not even vaguely.

Alas, no atomic chicken, but there is a Sophisticated Lady. Here's all my Mingus, new and old: East Coasting, The Great Pumpk... err... Concert, A Modern Jazz Symposium of Music and Poetry.

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiBurning /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw Foghat back in the 70s. Don't remember exactly where... not even vaguely.

Alas, no atomic chicken, but there is a Sophisticated Lady. Here's all my Mingus, new and old: East Coasting, The Great Pumpk... err... Concert, A Modern Jazz Symposium of Music and Poetry.

Well, I'm certainly glad you caught yourself before you got into hot water. Remember [dot-dot-dot] I am the Great Pumpkin. At least in October (…and man-oh-man, do I ever love that pumpkin pie!) Of course "Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater" did get me into a goodly number of altercations in elementary school, but I grew out of that reaction (…and now I eat my way out of it…).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back