Portable/Work Headphones
Mar 10, 2004 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tkam

Headphoneus Supremus
I just bought myself an iRiver ihp-120 mostly to use at work, and I'm new looking for a smallish pair of headphones to use at work. Isolation is not importantly really as I will need to hear whats going on (sometimes at least
wink.gif
). So far I'm looking at the audio technica em9 series and the sony d66 eggo's. Opinions on both are wanted as are other possible headphones.

thanks

Mar 10, 2004 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 7
What's your budget, and what kind of phones are you looking for? Do you want them to be ultra-portable, or full-size? Grado might be a good place to start as they are low impedance.

Mar 10, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 7
The Eggos are nice and comfortable, but your ears get sweaty after a while. When you try to hang them around your neck, they'll strangle you. I like to use them as portables, but as work phones when they'd be worn for extended periods of time, I'm not sure because of the pseudo-closed nature. My nitpicks aren't that big of a deal, but it depends from person to person.

Mar 10, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #7 of 7
For $150 I'd think about the 580's. I use them everyday at work with great success. I'm in a cubicle farm and get no complaints from the people around me. You obviously won't be able to have them blaringly loud, but it's a good trade off for the quality.

And the best part is that I'm still able to here the phone or even my manager over the wall. For those days when I have them up a little louder, I gave my boss a Kushball to throw at me to get my attention.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back