Portable WAV Player
Jan 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

like-a-rhapsody

New Head-Fier
I've spent a couple of months loading up my entire catalog almost 2TB in full WAV quality to an external hard drive, which is great for the house, but what about something mobile for the car or on your person.  Is there something out there that is affordable?

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 16
The Archos offers 500GB PMPs and few others brands with less capacity but still pretty large like iPod Classic 160GB, Cowon X7 160GB, Zune 120GB and they all play WAV files.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 16
Use FLAC or ALAC. Lossless compression, your music will take up about 60% of the space it does now and sound exactly the same bit for bit during playback.

Pick whichever is appropriate to the portable player you want (ALAC for iPods, for example).

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:
try this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IHIFI812-portable-music-player-built-in-CS4398-24BIT-192K-DAC-AD8397-AMP-NEW-/110779637280

Only supports WAV? That screams a few things at me:
  1. Terrible, lazy software
  2. Designed for the express purpose of ripping off ignorant audiophiles

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
Only supports WAV? That screams a few things at me:
  1. Terrible, lazy software
  2. Designed for the express purpose of ripping off ignorant audiophiles

did you even bother to read the information provided in that listing? come on, don't be one of those ignorant audiophiles
rolleyes.gif

it supports flac as well

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
Wait, why do you have it in WAV and why would you want to use WAV on a portable?

Do you guys belong to a cult that requires you to inquire why someone chooses to use WAV on a portable ? Why is the assumption always made that someone needs to be educated as to what other means of lossless coding they should/could be using instead ? Oh , wait a minute, I just realized what your user name is ! Hope you have a speedy recovery( "Why would you want..blah blah, blah" ... Did you honestly think about this question when you wrote it. It never occurred to you that they might have known they had other options, but were'nt interested.) (Are the rest of your 4,393 posting as thoughtful & insightful as this posting ?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back