Portable: V-moda v,m-80 vs Triple Fi 10
Feb 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

seunghoyoum

New Head-Fier
I started to use headphones that were emphasized to be used at home outside of my house and I have learned my lesson. They broke before I could even enjoy them. So I do have to find some decent portable phones, and i'm considering between headphones and earphones. I'm currently using the TF10, which are quite satisfying in sound-isolation and sound quality, but I seriously think that headphones in general have better sound quality. I had three candidates; hd-25, dt1350, and the v-moda, and I have come down to the v-moda because of the durability, design, and sound quality; if anybody has opinion about the other two being better at those 3 factors, please tell me. Anyhow, v-moda is my final consideration, and my final question is this:

Which one, the V moda m-80 or the TF-10 sounds better?
1. Soundstage, Warmness( No feeling of hollow, empty space, doesn't mean that the sounds are mushed together)
2. Sound Isolation
3. Bass (Like deep or punchy basses, hate hilariously boomy ones)
4. Treble (Has to sparkle in some degree, no distortion)
5. Mids( No distortion when the guitars just blast out--- try Linkin Park: from the outside, somewhere I belong)

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Upgraditis? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

HD25 or DT1350 from those choices if you want to try a portable headphone  (I don't know about the V-moda).  There are higher-end IEMs than TF10 as well, or perhaps a different sonic signature will make you happier rather than upgrading.
Or maybe you should go ATH-A2000X + GS-1. 
evil_smiley.gif

But that's not portable anymore.

Also, this thread should have gone in this forum.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Upgraditis? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

HD25 or DT1350 from those choices if you want to try a portable headphone  (I don't know about the V-moda).  There are higher-end IEMs than TF10 as well, or perhaps a different sonic signature will make you happier rather than upgrading.
Or maybe you should go ATH-A2000X + GS-1. 
evil_smiley.gif

But that's not portable anymore.

Also, this thread should have gone in this forum.

could you give examples of higher end IEM's than TF10? I bought the  TF10 because of it's price quality, I don't think I could get a higher quaulity IEM at 160 bucks. Other competitors like the IE8, westone4, shure535 are a bit too expensive. That's why I like the V-Moda as well; I heard they have similary sound quality with the hd-25 and the 1350's but cheaper at the cost of 180 bucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back