Portable USB DAC
Nov 18, 2009 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fengtard

Head-Fier
Hi all, i'm basically looking for a DAC that i can use on-the-go with my laptop. as i'm selling off my RSA predator to get myself a Shadow, i was thinking of getting a separate DAC to pair with the shadow. as such, i'd like the DAC to be somewhat of the same size as the Shadow, if not slightly larger. any recommendations?
biggrin.gif

thanks!

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 8
Pico DAC

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 8
How much are you willing to sacrifice portability for quality? I've been using my HRT Music Streamer+ as a "portable" and taking it to office every day and I'm getting very sweet sounds, but it's an order of magnitude larger than something like a Go-Vibe or Shadow.

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are you willing to sacrifice portability for quality? I've been using my HRT Music Streamer+ as a "portable" and taking it to office every day and I'm getting very sweet sounds, but it's an order of magnitude larger than something like a Go-Vibe or Shadow.

well, a good balance of both would be great! i honestly don't need any other funny functions, other than just a plain jane DAC, no internal amplifier etc. i like travelling light, so it'd be great if the DAC were to be no larger than an RSA hornet?

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually shopping for the same thing and I've almost pulled the trigger for the Hotaudio Dac Straight. You might like to take a look at it...

thanks, man! i'll go check that out!
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back