Portable Speakers!
Jul 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

GuruTech

100+ Head-Fier
hi all!
Do you have any portable speakers? The one you may carry with you easily from one place to another without bringing in anyone else's notice?

Well i know there are many small portable speakers available in market, but i have some specification required like:
1) the audio quality must be impressive and it must be that powerful t reach people's ear if i play some music outdoor.

2) It must be compatible to attach with any thing from laptop to Ipod to mp3player

I hope you know what i am looking for.

Thanks in advance

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 12
Not sure if its power output and form factor fits with your needs, but the FiiO S9 is about the most under-rated portable speaker I know of. Checkout the reviews on Amazon - they are crazy good. I have one that I carry around the house wherever I may want a little background music. I used to have a dedicated garage sound system but now just carry my S9 there whenever I am working on something.

Check it out.

Jack 

Jul 15, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Do you have any portable speakers? The one you may carry with you easily from one place to another without bringing in anyone else's notice?

we're out of stock at the moment, but we'll have some more next month.. 
tongue_smile.gif

a Google search returned some options

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #7 of 12
Audioengine 2 aren't very good, too small, low power. Get a B-stock A5, or go get a bookshelf speaker set and amp.
Swan stuff is often compared to Audioengine, but they seem harder to find.

Jul 17, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
Audioengine 2 aren't very good, too small, low power. Get a B-stock A5, or go get a bookshelf speaker set and amp.
Swan stuff is often compared to Audioengine, but they seem harder to find.

If A5 can be considered "portable" speakers by thread owner, there should be tons of choices.

Jul 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #9 of 12
"1) the audio quality must be impressive and it must be that powerful t reach people's ear if i play some music outdoor."

Clearly no "portable" device is going to fit his need, the A5 will be closer to what he wants than A2, but for outside listening... well, his choices aren't really portable at all. I'd still say that A5 is too small for what he wants.

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
"1) the audio quality must be impressive and it must be that powerful t reach people's ear if i play some music outdoor."

Clearly no "portable" device is going to fit his need, the A5 will be closer to what he wants than A2, but for outside listening... well, his choices aren't really portable at all. I'd still say that A5 is too small for what he wants.

The bose m2/m3 fit his need perfectly. The A2's are traditionally designed speakers and therefore heavily limited by the size of the enclosure.

Jul 18, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
No highs, no lows, must be Bose.
Nobody takes Bose seriously for a reason.

Bose in general is absolutely terrible, but the m2 and m3 I mentioned here are outstanding.
You need to try 'em before you make an assumption. This is coming from a guy who had the dyn mc15, quad 12l, me geithain rl906, and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back