Portable Sources with line outs? Ipod vs...?
Nov 5, 2015 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JLChristie

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

My old iPod Nano recently broke, well went through the wash, but long story cut short it no longer works. I'm a bit out of touch with players now, so I don't really know what is out there.

I'm wanting a replacement player which has a line out, or some method other then the headphone jack to connect to my home stereo amp so I can use it as a source for that.

From what I can gather the new iPod Nano 7s don't have a line out anymore?

I like the look of reviews on the Astell & Kern Junior, but again I don't think they have a line out?

Are there any other suggestions which are are similar price as these two which would work for me? I don't care about the features so much but more the SQ.

Thanks ,
Jonno

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 4
Since you are out of touch, a lot of players don't need line out, as they have a great amp built in to them.  I would just browse through the forums at the different players that are mentioned and read.  Almost every thread has a player mentioned in the title and most have line out or a powerful amp built in.

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for that! With the iPods I used to connect to my stereo amp via a dock and RCA's. It used to be much better then through the headphone socket.

Maybe the Astell & Kern would be the way to go for me. The Fiio X5 seems to do a lot of what I want as well, but it doesn't seem user friendly at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back