"Portable" single device under 400 which can beat Android + C5D?
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dexter22

500+ Head-Fier
I am extremely satisfied with the sound from JDS Labs C5D along with a Galaxy S8, But, I always wanted a device which could provide the same refinement in a single device. What I like about the C5D is the power, transparency, dark background and tonality. If JDS ever made a DAP, I would have jumped in. Is it possible to achieve the same level sound quality with a single device if my budget is 400$ / € ? Its hard to carry a stack around. My portable headphones wont be changing either - Beoplay H6.

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 8
Give ibasso DX150 a try. It would be the top list in 400 euro range. If DX150 doesn't meet your expectation. I believe nothing can.

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 8
Looks very interesting, but I had a strict budget of 400. iBasso doesn't seem to be available on popular sites. And price is 500 plus shipping. its above my budget unfortunately.

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 8
I see. And not every country has a dealer where provides demo unit to test also.

Very limited choice.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #6 of 8
Unfortunately there isnt a single store in Germany that I could find with it. Warranty / returns is definitely something of a concern here. Anyway made up my mind and ordered the AK70 as at the budget I mentioned there aren't anything great. I was satisfied with the xduoo x10 earlier for the their cheap price. Also, the x3 for its performance at its cheaper price. I didnt like the FiiO x5ii as it didnt do anything special for its price. This attempt is also going to the same - I am being prejudist here! In all the case, my reference point are cellphones. If a DAP doesnt do a total improvement, its pointless to have 2 devies. In the current scenario c5D is better in every way than my s8.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #7 of 8
Your answer is the upcoming Hiby R3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back