Portable rig
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

canadianballer

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here in long time due to busy-ness. I want to get back into the audio game/toy as I find my long commutes to be less and less bearable.

I ride a really crowded subway/tube everyday so durability is important.

I'm fairly certain I'll be purchasing the JH-16 as it's the best out there hands down. However, I dont' know how to set up the rest of my rig. I currently own the Sansa Fuse and not sure if I want to get something new.

Any advice? I see potential as:

1. Fuse --> pico slim --> JH16
2. Fuse --> TTVJ slim --> JH16
3. Fuse --> JH amp (forgot what it's called) --> JH16

Budget isn't really a concern.

Appreciate the help!

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 8
I should also add that I listen to a wide range of music, so not looking for a specific set-up for specific genre/type of music. 

Furthermore, I'll likely be plugging this rig from a TV outlet (minus fuse of course) so I can watch movies/game without disturbing anyone :)

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm also assembling a rig for extreme portability.  I've ordered JH-16 customs.  I have a relatively new iPod nano that I'll use, and will probably add RSA Shadow as I have two other Ray Samuels amps and really like them. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Thx for your input! I'll be looking into the RSA's as well, they seem to have good quality work.

I've owned the RSA Shadow and they really have the size factor going for them. However, I ended up selling them because the Alo Rx Mk II out performed the Shadow in every way sonically imho. The RSA Shadow does have a much much longer battery though.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 8
The iPod Classic+HP_P1, iMod iPod+AMPs, Sony X1060+AMPs, Z1070 with JH16Pro willbe good portable setup and iBasso DX100, HM_801 are known single portable highend DAPs without external AMPs use.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for your input! In all likelihood since I'll be getting a new phone soon I'll just end up running my music out of phone for portability reasons. I'm not too confident that the HM_801's (or any music player) can be as good as a setup with amp but of course I might be completely wrong! I'll look more into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back