portable record player
Dec 13, 2013 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

malcu

New Head-Fier
Hi to all,
I have a Hi Fi vox portable record player of 1962 vintage, it has a garrard deck, 4 speeds and is generally in fair order.
The problem is little or no sound, it has a solid state rectifier which is retuning  245v DC output and this appears to be correct from a article I have just read. I have replaced a new cable from the arm to the tag board this has 4 wires 2 x screen and 2 x signal but the cartridge has only 2 pins so I have used 1 x screen and 1 x signal. I have also replaced the valve (ECL86) which illuminates much better than the old one but I still have no sound, does any one have a circuit diagram for better component recognition of this or similar or any ideas of where I go from here.........much appreciated thanks.
Malc. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 3
There are probably better forums/places than a headphone site on which to get quality answers to your type of question.

I see that this is your first post.  Have you just posted here or are you also asking this at a number of other venues?

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Yes I had realised that after I had posted it, I has been reading a vintage record player web site for some answers and this site was sort of linked to it. Sorry about that.
Regards,
Malc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back