portable power source for HM801 ?
Nov 4, 2011 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

monkeygod

100+ Head-Fier
hey all,

i haven't gotten my HM801 yet (well I did, but it was a buggy unit and only lasted 1 day) but one of the main concerns I have is the relatively low battery life.

this will probably only get worse as I intend to install the balanced amp module to use with some hardwired twag v2/jh 13s.

the power connector used for the HM801 is a rather odd plug and i haven't seen any portable power solution that is compatible. does anyone have any knowledge of something that would extend my usage of the Hifiman while remaining relatively portable? FWIW, i live in Singapore so the portable power unit should be at least 110/230 compatible ...

thanks in advance

-monkeygod-

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 3
@ade_hall : i may well have to go that route, but $80 USD for a 4 hour battery seems a bit pricey, especially as i would need to carry *2* spare to cover some of the long-ass plane/train/camel rides i seem to be enduring these days!

ideally i'd like to find a medium-sized power pack with a connector compatible with the HM801 and would give it at least 6-8 hrs additional play time. failing that a bag of 801 batteries might be my only solution :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back