Portable player suggestions?
Nov 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hyperr

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm considering getting a portable player, budget up to £100 (could stretch more if necessary).

It will be a replacement for my Samsung Galaxy S2, so I'm hoping for quite a significant improvement.

All I care about really is the sound quality, not about gaming or video etc.

I have looked briefly at Cowon players but I don't know which to go for.

It's likely that in the future I'd get a amp/dac such as Fiio E17 to go with it.

Any suggestions? thanks.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #2 of 6
At that budget not a lot of choice, Sansa clip is your best bet or just use your phone

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #3 of 6
For your price range Cowon C2 ($105 4GB ebay) microsd expandable, Jet Effects 3.0 50 hours for music.

Or if you want a true audiophile focused player, look into Colorfly C3 for $105 microsd expandable.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
For your price range Cowon C2 ($105 4GB ebay) microsd expandable, Jet Effects 3.0 50 hours for music.
Or if you want a true audiophile focused player, look into Colorfly C3 for $105 microsd expandable.

Thanks, I've looked at the Cowon C2, it looks good except the UI seems bad. Colorfly C3 looks better for me, great sound quality with no frills.

However, it seems to be quite hard to find somewhere to buy it? Do you know the best place to buy? I'm in the UK but I could get it shipped from somewhere.

Also another quick question, would a Fiio E17 work well with a Colorfly C3?

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks, I've looked at the Cowon C2, it looks good except the UI seems bad. Colorfly C3 looks better for me, great sound quality with no frills.

However, it seems to be quite hard to find somewhere to buy it? Do you know the best place to buy? I'm in the UK but I could get it shipped from somewhere.

Also another quick question, would a Fiio E17 work well with a Colorfly C3?

Sure, the C2 is a little scruffy around the edges. if it's just music you want it's ok.

C3 you find on ebay, there's no worry of fakes just yet. I purchased mine through this seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221128029338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Sure, you can use E17 if you wish too, members have been pairing E11 with C3 getting good results. Mainly because C3 is very clean sounding. I would recommend though you try the C3 on it's own first, only purchase E17 later if you feel need too. But for pairing them up, no problem at all.

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Sure, the C2 is a little scruffy around the edges. if it's just music you want it's ok.
C3 you find on ebay, there's no worry of fakes just yet. I purchased mine through this seller.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221128029338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Sure, you can use E17 if you wish too, members have been pairing E11 with C3 getting good results. Mainly because C3 is very clean sounding. I would recommend though you try the C3 on it's own first, only purchase E17 later if you feel need too. But for pairing them up, no problem at all.

Thanks, and sorry I didn't see your reply. I ordered a C3 from this seller earlier: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380343844383?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I do wish I saw your reply earlier as it's cheaper (free shipping) and looks more reliable somehow, oh well. Hopefully the one I ordered from is fine !

I am probably going to get an E11 to go with it, but we'll see :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back