Portable Player Recommendation
Apr 22, 2004 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

camote

New Head-Fier
Hi. I am looking for a portable that will give me lots of space, but at a cheap price ($200?).

I was thinking about getting one of the older MD players. I don't mind having to play and record at the same time but is there a more effiecient method? I want to do this because all my audio is in lossless format and I do not want to bother converting to MP3, WMA, or whatever.

Apr 23, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by camote
Hi. I am looking for a portable that will give me lots of space, but at a cheap price ($200?).

I was thinking about getting one of the older MD players. I don't mind having to play and record at the same time but is there a more effiecient method? I want to do this because all my audio is in lossless format and I do not want to bother converting to MP3, WMA, or whatever.

You might want to consider the Dell DJ. I just picked up the 15 gig version, and it has definitely exceeded my expectations. The 15 gig DJ is $200 and supports wav files. You can also buy a refurbished 20 gig from Dell Outlet for $218.

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 3
Or, spend a little ore (30-40 bucks) and get the Rio Karma. Comes with dock, etherent cord, rca cords, mx300 earbuds (pretty nice actually, for stock anyway), and it has 20gb. Just got a new firmware, and the next might have mass usb support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back