Portable player for Sennheiser Momentum
Feb 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

the output of an amp is simply a nice easily measured electrical signal until it reaches the headphones.

I think you just nailed it right there. 
bigsmile_face.gif

What you are saying, is 100% correct as long as you stay in the electronic domain. But as we can't (yet) plug the electric signals straight into our brain, we have to take a small detour through the mechanical domain.

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

I think you just nailed it right there. 
bigsmile_face.gif

What you are saying, is 100% correct as long as you stay in the electronic domain. But as we can't (yet) plug the electric signals straight into our brain, we have to take a small detour through the mechanical domain.

Excuse me while I put on my face palm helmet (which requires me to write in all caps after donning it...)

IF THE ELECTRICAL SIGNAL THE HEADPHONE GETS IS THE SAME, THEN THE RESPONSE WILL BE THE SAME! NO EXTRA INFORMATION IS TRANSFERRED, WHETHER BY SMALL DEVILS, TRAINED BACTERIA, OR TELEPATHY! 

Or perhaps you would like to explain why the headphone should get signal X from the Cowon and produce output Y, and signal X from the Fiio and produce signal Z? Spiritualism? Ancestral spirits? Aliens?

Oh well - at least you are producing a good demonstration of how easily people delude themselves and how little you can rely on the average human being's ability to use logic to solve even the simplest problems.

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Excuse me while I put on my face palm helmet (which requires me to write in all caps after donning it...)

IF THE ELECTRICAL SIGNAL THE HEADPHONE GETS IS THE SAME, THEN THE RESPONSE WILL BE THE SAME! NO EXTRA INFORMATION IS TRANSFERRED, WHETHER BY SMALL DEVILS, TRAINED BACTERIA, OR TELEPATHY! 

Or perhaps you would like to explain why the headphone should get signal X from the Cowon and produce output Y, and signal X from the Fiio and produce signal Z? Spiritualism? Ancestral spirits? Aliens?

Oh well - at least you are producing a good demonstration of how easily people delude themselves and how little you can rely on the average human being's ability to use logic to solve even the simplest problems.

Right... Now how about you remove the jumper cables from your nipples and calm down a little...

So, first you tell me how the Clip+ & E6 can't put out the same soundquality as the Clip+ alone, and now you're shouting about the signals being the same. Make up your mind please.

Then you start about a Cowon, Assuming that by Cowon you mean Clip+ and by Fiio you mean Clip+ & E6, you say how it is impossible for signal X from the one would produce output Y and signal X from the other would produce output Z, which brings us back to the previous point. 

About that last comment, which is pretty much at the same level of childish as my comments above, I guess you are right, your responses to my posts are doing exactly that.

Look, I'm getting tired of this. This thread has gone too far off topic. I've acknowledged that you are right on a purely electric level. But there is more to it than just electronics. It seems you are unable to look past the last contact to connect your multimeter to.

I apologize to the thread starter for letting myself be trolled like this by scuttle. I only meant to help you out by sharing my personal experience. Enjoy your Momentum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back