Portable Player for my Alessandro MS-2?
Mar 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

member1982

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys, basically i found for portable setup it lacks alot of bass. The iPod in particular have virtually no bass at all, and lacks alot of deep notes and impacts.

I tried the Creative Xen, player these have much better bass (still no quantitiy). But the music is lifeless, and dull no high / brightness to it.

What about these players:
SanDisk Sansa Clip (i thought these were very good?)
IRiver LPlayer / SPINN
Sony XBN series.
Cowon D2.
Samsung U3.

or anyother player suggestions?

Mar 2, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 6
well I never found the allesandro;s or grado's to have much in the way of deep impactful bass even plugged into a DIYMOD with teflon VCAP and lisa III, one of the things I dislike about them the most actually. are you using an amp?? or are you wanting this bass with fullsize HP straight out of HP out??

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I never found the allesandro;s or grado's to have much in the way of deep impactful bass even plugged into a DIYMOD with teflon VCAP and lisa III, one of the things I dislike about them the most actually. are you using an amp?? or are you wanting this bass with fullsize HP straight out of HP out??

the creative zen + internal bass boost gives me some excellent impact but still lacks some quantity, and also the creative zen just doesnt sound good on the top end which lacks alot, in that case, even the Porta pros sounds decent really decent compared to my Alssesandro because of the fuller sound (with bass presense), although lacks detail especially in fast music where i can hear all the fast drumming in the MS-2, but the Porta Pros are just a mess.

I am using the standard bowls which i think is the major issue here... will try some comfies and the 414 mod to see if it improves.

Not planing to use an amp (probably the Fiio E5 would give me better results)
Like to keep it ampless, plus i am looking for a new portable player :p

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ipod + bass boost?

Already using the iPod Classic 80GB hip/hop setting, and that boooast the bass somewhat already, i can hear the bass notes, but still lacks alot of impact and no bass quantity to speak of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back