portable player and headphone advice please
Oct 20, 2013 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Steve58

banned as per his request
Hi all, I have been researching buying a portable music source mainly to use whilst walking (trying to convince myself the spend is good for my health and i may loose weight...lol) I am going through the information overload stage. The combo I have come up with is the Astell & Kern ak 100 and the Beyerdynamic dt1350 as my choice so far. I want to know if anyone has an opinion of this setup or has any other recommendations or comment that may assist. I will be buying on the net so will not get a chance to audition. Thanks Guys.

Oh.... Sound and build quality are almost my only concerns I have no interest in playing videos and all the BS it is a sound thing for me. Also I do not listen to any particular genre of music.

Cheers 

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I demoed the AK100 about 6 weeks ago, sounded nice and I really like the way it was designed.

Oct 20, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi, I have just purchased both the ak100 and beyerdynamic dt1350. Had them for 2 days only. First impressions are that mp3's can sound a bit thin but Wav/aiff sound much more involving and dynamic - fuller sounding and more natural. I'm coming from a cowon d2 and audio technica es55 rig and the difference in detail is very obvious. Melody is also easy to follow. I am messing about with the eq settings at the moment but I don't want to commit as both units are new and perhaps need a few hours burn in. I am very happy with what I am hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back