Portable phones? What about the Eggos?
Jan 10, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiniku
Thanks for clearing that up. I feel like I want to use the headphones more for music, leaning towards the d66, but I would end up using them for a lot more than just that. Anime, gaming, movies... so I probably should go for the hd485's... I'm just so darn curious as to how the eggos feel comfort wise. Wish I had the money for both, lol.

Comfort of course is dependent upon person but the Eggos are the most comfortable (er second most comfortable) headphones I own. They are second to another Sony pair infra-red Sony DS4000s. I may be hated for this but the Eggos are more comfortable to me than the velour based 555s. Yes, the 555s are comfortable but they sit against the top part of my ears and they weigh much more than the Eggos so sometimes my ears hurt when wearing the 555s. Never hurt when wearing the Eggos.

One man's opinion.

Jan 10, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih
Comfort of course is dependent upon person but the Eggos are the most comfortable (er second most comfortable) headphones I own. They are second to another Sony pair infra-red Sony DS4000s. I may be hated for this but the Eggos are more comfortable to me than the velour based 555s. Yes, the 555s are comfortable but they sit against the top part of my ears and they weigh much more than the Eggos so sometimes my ears hurt when wearing the 555s. Never hurt when wearing the Eggos.

One man's opinion.

In the end I guess one or the other would be more comfortable depending on your head shape and ear size... or so I've gathered from what everyone's though when I posted the hd555's vs the hd485's vs the d66's... lol. That just means I'm still nowhere in my decision.

Jan 10, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #18 of 18
I've never found the Eggos to lack bass. I think the problem is more as someone above described, when you use them in public, the lack of isolation manifests as a perceived decrease in bass. Both my D66s and D77s sound quite 'bassy' in a quiet environment (though admittedly my other cans, HF-1s with bowls and ER4s, aren't exactly known for bass, so I don't have a real bassy can to use as a comparison). I also find them very comfortable - the D66s more than the D77s, personally, since I prefer the foam of the D66s to the pleather of the D77s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back