Portable over ear replacement for Metro.fis
Feb 24, 2009 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pickwick

100+ Head-Fier
I have had a pair of Metro.fis for over a year now and I am finally getting a little tired of the hassle of putting them in, cleaning them, untangling them, etc. I borrowed my friends PX100s and tried them out on the bus but soon found them to be completely useless, the music was drowned out by the noise of the engine and people talking. What I am asking for is recommendations for headphones like the px100 but have sound isolation and quality equal to or approaching that of the Metro.fis. I have looked into the Px200s...they have received some less than rave reviews...but if they can block out the sound of my bus and give me some pretty good sound quality then I'll buy them!

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 3
Phonak PFE sounds like what you want. Cord is excellent, sound is phenominal, and isolation is excellent. Looks like its time for an upgrade anyways.
They go over the ear, are easy to put in, have very little microphonics, have those handy silicon guides, and look pretty stylish.
My only gripe is their balanced bass, which by default is a bit thin, but with some EQing or an amp with a bass boost like the E5 ($20 from dealextreme with free shipping) they have lots of bass, enough for 90% of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back