Portable or over ear cans for recommendation
Feb 28, 2016 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

konseki

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I'm confused why would Sony lousy 10 bucks ear pieces sound so much louder and fanciful than my SGD 400 ath esw9? I really love my esw9 but not sure if its my Xiaomi phone that's unable to drive it well.Tried other phones need to turn up the volume too. I know Son a25 has a good soundstage. Then what phones should I pair with? My dilemma is not sure to buy a new esw9 or aim for something better. Esw9 sounds very compressed n soft at noisy places. Anybody knows the contrast with senn momentum HD25? Well momentum here is cheap. Amperior at high ends are very painful to the ears. I need something that plays loud and clear like senn but colourful as in soundstage or details like Sony.

Feb 28, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 3
First, welcome to the journey. Price isn't everything.
Second, a great source works wonders. Esw9 is more than capable paired to a great source. Compressed sounding definitely has to be due to the source.

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 3
First, welcome to the journey. Price isn't everything.
Second, a great source works wonders. Esw9 is more than capable paired to a great source. Compressed sounding definitely has to be due to the source.

Hihi

Do u have any DAP recommendation? Will Fiiox1 or fiio x3 or ibasso DX50 do the trick? Castle told me Sony a15 is weak to drive esw9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back