Portable NAS - anyone using one of these with an iPad ?
Aug 14, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 5
27 views and not one reply - I should have known better than to post this in 'Portable Sources', I guess.    
frown.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 5
@seetoyou - outstanding, sir, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I like the cut of your jib. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
FYI - a fairly similar thread was started recently:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620238/streaming-flac-to-iphone-ipad-or-android-portables

That is my thread there. Please chime in.

We discussed portable NAS on and after page 3 of that thread (edit: we discussed that Seagate Satellite AFTER seeteeyou pointed that thread to you, so there are now 2 additional pages dealing with portable NAS). That Seagate Goflex Satellite should work if you use a 3rd party app (Seagate's stock app sucks per review). 

I also found this Patriot Gauntlet Node, which is a portable, battery powered, 2.5'' wireless-N wifi enclosure (which retails for $99). As 1TB 2.5'' hdd is around $95-105 shipped now, this device looks more capable that the Seagate (which offers only 500GB). The patriot has bridge mode as well. Not sure about its UI though, however if it is UPnP compatible then we can use a 3rd party app. I emailed Patriot and am waiting for their response (will update in my thread).

Edit:  This chain works: 1TB 2.5'' hard drive with flac inside Patriot Gauntlet Node --> SAMBA streaming --> AcePlayer Pro --> iPhone 3GS w/ ISO5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back