Portable music player to replace iPod
Aug 23, 2015 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DarkMoonDan

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD25 1-iis which have been upgraded with an Oyaide cable and the Custom Cans mass loading and damping set. I love these headphones, they sound great and I use them every day.

I'm looking for a music player (and amp if needed) that will match well with these. I mainly listen to Rock and Metal nice and loud, thrash/black mostly. It has to have a decent amount of memory or an SD card slot and must be significantly better sounding than an iPod touch.

I'll be using it on the go for up to a few hours at a time. I don't really have a set price; if I think it is worth it and I can afford it then I will buy it.

Thanks!

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #9 of 10
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD25 1-iis which have been upgraded with an Oyaide cable and the Custom Cans mass loading and damping set. I love these headphones, they sound great and I use them every day.

I'm looking for a music player (and amp if needed) that will match well with these. I mainly listen to Rock and Metal nice and loud, thrash/black mostly. It has to have a decent amount of memory or an SD card slot and must be significantly better sounding than an iPod touch.

I'll be using it on the go for up to a few hours at a time. I don't really have a set price; if I think it is worth it and I can afford it then I will buy it.

Thanks!

Thing is that significantly better sounding player than iPod touch doesn't exist, differences are small and mostly due to more powerful built in amp (if iPod can't feed some hard to drive headphones that's where the "better" player will shine), so you might as well just get external amp and save yourself from extremely bad UI of most of those other players, since iPod touch is a lot better there. I speak from personal experience since I've tested quite a few players and own and use FiiO X3.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back