Portable Music Player Suggestions
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dj24

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a portable music player for workouts/ running that has excellent gapless and bluetooth playback as well as a decent battery life. Good sound quality with a high volume output for those sometimes long workouts is a plus too. I was honestly ready to pick up one of the newer sansa players when I realized that none of them do gapless playback anymore let alone bluetooth. All my workout tracks are dj mixes where one track merges into the next one and any silence in between is just plain awful.

Thanks!

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 11
The ibasso dx300 i think will do the trick when it comes to everything that you are asking. It's one of the closest DAP's to match a phone in speed so it can probably give you that gap less playback you are looking for.

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 11
The ibasso dx300 i think will do the trick when it comes to everything that you are asking. It's one of the closest DAP's to match a phone in speed so it can probably give you that gap less playback you are looking for.

Thanks for the response. I'm looking for something much smaller for my workouts and much easier on my wallet as well.... preferably something in the $100 range.

Mar 9, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #5 of 11
Might not find everything you're looking for at 100 bucks. Maybe take a look at the Hiby R3.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm hoping to find something in my price range but might have to go with the R3 if I don't. Iam flabbergasted that portable players don't include gapless playback as a feature anymore unless you move up to a much higher price range. My old sansa clip+ had it years ago and it only set me back about $30. Now not even the million chi-fi brands on Amazon offer it as an option.

I don't understand what happened. Is it a matter of cost or something else entirely?

Mar 12, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 11
I ended up getting the Fiio M5 as it's size seemed ideal for my running/ workout needs 'Supposedly has bluetooth & gapless playback as well so we'll see. Anyone have any experience with them?

Mar 12, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 11
Was going to suggest the HiBy R3 as well but you have already picked the M5 so good luck with that.

Mar 16, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 11
Get the Hiby R3 Pro Saber edition, it's more suited for the kind of music you'd listen while working out(rock, metal and EDM).
I have to disagree with this assessment. I strongly believe that the original (Cirrus Logic) edition is more friendly and better suited for rock, metal, and EDM.

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 11
Get the Hiby R3 Pro Saber edition, it's more suited for the kind of music you'd listen while working out(rock, metal and EDM).

I have to disagree with this assessment. I strongly believe that the original (Cirrus Logic) edition is more friendly and better suited for rock, metal, and EDM.

Lol. I listen to dancehall, reggae, African and world music in general. Hip-hop, pop and R&B sometimes are in the mix too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back