Portable Music Drive?
May 1, 2008 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sahwnfras

500+ Head-Fier
I want to keep all my music on a portable hard drive. What im thinking is installing a music mangment program that also has playback, onto the hard drive. And that way i just take it from comp to comp, open my program and bam my musics all there, organized and playable.

Now i tried this with itunes, and it didnt work. I dont know if i need to do something diff or something. But i tried it and took it to another comp, and it just opens as its the originals comps itunes. So my music isnt there its just what was already on that comp. So it failed.

Does anyone know anyway that this can be done, and work well?

thanks

May 3, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #2 of 4
I do it with Foobar, but installed on the PC rather than to the drive. I just have it set up at work and home, plug the drive in, and it's good to go.

May 3, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 4
i beleive he wants so that he can take it to other/new comps taht have not got it installed. i can think of loads that can play it, but none with a library function. i dont think it can have one, as the library is stored relative to the disk letter (eg E:\ etc) and as diff comps often have different drive letters for new drives, it might not work. but i may be wrong.

May 3, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 4
You'd need to find a program where you can put music in the root directory of the program, and it automatically looks for it there.

Gautam is right, once I made a shortcut to a program on an external drive, and each pc had more/less drives so it didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back