Portable MP3 player...
Jan 21, 2003 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vwap

Padawan.
I'm sure there's been posts spread out here and there, but maybe I'll get more opinions here
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyhow, so now I'm hooked on getting an iPod. However, the battery life is the thing that gets me... 10 hour playtime seems to be really ... short. I can't even make it to Taiwan in 10 hours... So while I've seen the arguments about MD vs. MP3, and one of the big benefits of MD being the long battery lives, are there any hard-drive based MP3 players that have the following characteristics:

Long battery life [20 hours.]
or
Easily swappable battery [AA, Gumsticks, etc.]

~20GB of space.

Small size... similar to that of an iPod or MD player.

I think I might be asking a bit much... but who knows. You know.. someone should go design an iPod that has both swappable battery's AND swappable HD... [like ... MicroDrives / CompactFlash and such...] I'd be all for it...
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd rather not carry around a Nomad Jukebox.. so something smaller than that... hopefully.

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2003 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 3
If you don't mind sacrificing portibility there is a way to makea battery pack that has a firewire cable on one end that will power/charge the iPod. I would do a search on the www.ipodlounge.com forums to see if you can find the thread. And to see if it is doable for you or if you could get the guy to make you one.
smily_headphones1.gif
That would solve your problem. I've never had to travel for more than 11 hours in a plane.
smily_headphones1.gif
So 10 hours is more than enough for me most of the time.

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back