Portable listener looking for in ear headphone on a budget.
Nov 7, 2010 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

rcotay

New Head-Fier
Hey I have heard great things about this website and i was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. I want a pair of in ear headphones under 150 dollars that are durable, look really don't matter. I listen mainly to Rock, Dubstep and some Rap. I really want to be able to hear the lower end of most Dubstep songs that most headphones miss. Thank you for your time.

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 17
I would get the V-Moda Vibrato. They may not be the best, but they have a powerful low end.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/v-moda-vibrato-remote/4505-7877_7-34197598.html

Nov 8, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 17
I have never heard them, but the Monster iBeats may be good for your needs.

Nov 8, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 17
Your post screams panasonic hje-900. If it weren't for them being £200 (about twice the going rate in the UK) I would have bought them the other day from a local music store, they were quite impressive and very well built. Also they have replaceable cables and should suit bass heavy music. They're not the best looking earphones in the world though?!?!

Nov 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #6 of 17
Those Panasonic RP-HJE900-K look very cool. do they come with some kind of warrnty and what is the average price for them in the US?
 and they have a strong lower end?

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #9 of 17
I can try. For one thing, some headphones when plugged into a source such as an ipod will have to have the volume cranked fairly high so there is a very small usable amount of volume control. In some but not many cases a phone might not get as loud as you'd like without an amp. In theory a good amp should increase the power of the signal from it's power supply. It should control the output to match the input in all things except with a higher amplitude. Pretty much it adds volume without discolouring the sound again (without discolouring the sound is where cheap amps seem to fall apart IME). It's quite hard to define what it does to the sound in good headphones but you get a more authoritative sound, better sounding detail and soundstage. I haven't yet found an earphone I could justify a portable amp on. I do own a fiio e5 and never use it, my westone 2's for example, sound worse to me with it than straight out of my dap.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #10 of 17
thanks i was wondering and hearing alot about portable amps. with the  panasonic hje-900 they vary greatly in price from like 70 to like 160 where is a good online store that is legit and has a good price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back