"Portable" Home Player solution?
Aug 15, 2017 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

domsch1988

100+ Head-Fier
Before diving head over first into diying some raspberry contraption, i thought i'd ask the knowledgeable people here if such thing already exists.

I'd like some kind of portable player for home use only. It won't go out of house, and will only be used to play music in varying spots at home. I like to move from desk to couch to kitchen and back and would like somthing to take with me.
All music is stored on a QNap NAS. Currently it's set up for SMB only, but other options are available. I don't really need local storage on the device. Playing from Network is sufficient. I don't need a browser, spotify, tidal, or anything else. Priorities are budget, useability and batterylife. Ideally it should drive my HD600's, but i could get one of the fiio amps to go with it.

A budget isn't set in stone yet, but ideally, it's as cheap as possible. Sound quality is of concerne, but not priority 1. All files are flac, mostly 16/44.1 CD quality. The collection is not that big currently (around 8000 tracks) but is growing steadily. I don't need touchscreen, but am not opposed to it. A decently fast way to browse the Music is needed though. Either folders (library is decently organized) or a library management on device.

So that's the basics. Portable, wifi enabled, music player for home use (so it can be big, or player+amp) for a reasonable budget (let's say sub 150€ to have a number out there).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back