Portable heapdhones with great bass for guy with large ears. :)
Mar 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

petuloo1984

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
Im looking for some good portable headphones with great bass.I listen mostly trance,chill out,chill step,but also some Coldplay for example.
I prefer over ear with good punchy bass.I know there is a lot forums here,but my problem is my large ears.They are 7 cm long and most over ear headphones are like 6cm inner diameter ear cup.
And there is also problem many times to find what is inner ear cups size.I have not many shops around I could go and try different headphones except some Beats or Bose,which is not really my cup of tea.So only think is to order them from internet.
Until now I used Audio-Technica ATH ES10,which I really like...except build quality.That is ****.Headband and ear cups are from "pleather",which start to peel of everywhere and looks cheaply.
But real reason Im not use them anymore is that cable got broken next to jack twice.That cable look like one from these airplane headphones they giving out for free.But these headphones cost around 350 dollars, which quite dissapoint me.
So is there any good advice form me for some nice over ear headphones? 350 dollars is my budget.
Was looking for Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 ,but not shure if my ears fit in it... 
Thanks 

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Hey, I know a headphone you might wanna look into. I don't personally own these but I DO plan on getting them (economy and all that jazz). Anyway, I was doing research into the BEST bass headphone and looked at many reviews and came up with the "King of Bass" Headphone
JVC HA-SZ2000.

People say they change the ear cups right away, maybe that might help you situation with big ears (I got big ears too i know your pain). But
- The build is quality
- The cable is good // but it's not detachable
- The impedance is 16 Ohm
- The Bass, according to alot of reviews, is just UNREAL and gave it the title, "The King of Bass"

They go for $216 on amazon (link below) and probably with a portable amp, you'll get exactly what your looking for. I recommend checking it out!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Kenwood-Victer-headphones-HA-SZ2000/dp/B00CIQ7NXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458148096&sr=8-1&keywords=JVC+-+HA-SZ2000

Review of both JVC HA-SZ2000 & JVC HA-SZ1000: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG1_m_zvjNE

hope this helps :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks buddy, but these does not look very portable. Im looking for something to walk with on the street or train with in the gym.These looks even bigger than my Fidelio X2 I have at home. :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 6
Hmm Workout headphones..... So, something with a tight grip but stills got bass. Ok, have you looked at the urbanite Over-Ear's? Not that expensive, looks pretty good, band seems good for grip, and you choose what mobile your playing from (IOS or android)

Check these out.

less than $100 in most colors

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Urbanite-XL-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00M3NZK1Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458150154&sr=8-1&keywords=urbanite+over+ear

Just from expereince (and in my profile picture haha) I have the Senheiser Momentum On-Ear headphones (which some claim have more bass than the Over Ear), and while the on ear and over ear do sound a bit different, the bass may not be as strong as what your looking for. Just my 2 cents on it.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 6
Actually bass does not have to shake my brain, Im not such a basshead.I like when is bass more controled and tide, than amount of shakeness. :) It is than more important they will look "normal" in public.So maybe bass can be less ,but with portability...  

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Oh yea urtbanite won't be a shake your brain bass haha (JVC is ). Check it some reviews I think it's just what your looking for. They have good quality in tone as well :) I don't buy headphones with terrible quality lol that's just counter productive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back