portable headphones
Aug 28, 2003 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

man_on_an_island

New Head-Fier
Hi Folks

Just a quickie - I'm sure its been done to death already somewhere on this board but I couldn't see it - I'm looking for some really decent headphones to couple with my minidisc player. I don't want to walk around with a couple of trash cans sticking out of the sides of my head so they have to be relatively small...any ideas...? I don't mind thowing a few dollars at it. Thanks guys

confused.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 8
welcome to head-fi, what kind of music do you like?
smily_headphones1.gif
(increasingly standard greeting around here)

a couple names of bands or musicians could help. and what kind of minidisc player?

Aug 28, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the feedback - you're on the ball tonight! I have a Sony...... (i'll have to check).... Oh ok - mz-nf810. As far as music goes, everything from Zero 7 through the Divine Comedy to Kings x. Tight defined bass is important together with enough midrange to make the snare snap and a sparkly top end. Basically I want it all. I have a pair of $45 in ear sonys but feel I'm missing a trick or two. Thanks in advance for the excellent advice!

Aug 28, 2003 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 8
i think some grados might be in your future if you don't mind the fact they're open (you can hear the world around you). they're not too big and they're easily driven out of a minidisc player. have you been to www.headphone.com? there are places to get grados for a little less but these guys really do have great service and they do sponsor this place.

good luck with the search
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 8
HI: Welcome to head-fi. You could check out the shure E2-E2c same thing. I use them for my portable use.

Aug 28, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #8 of 8
I would recommend the Ety 4Ps and also th E888 if you're on a tighter budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back