Portable headphones suggetsion
Jan 1, 2003 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

bil

New Head-Fier
I recently got a Samsung Yepp 700H mp3 player, and I need some portable headphones/earbuds to go with it. I can't find the Koss 35's, and from what I hear the 50's fall off easily. The mp3 player came with earbuds which hurt my ears, so I don't know if getting the MX500's would be a good choice. I've been considering the Senn 497's but since they don't fold up, I don't know if they would be portable enough. And forgetthe PortaPro, can't be seen in public wearing those
tongue.gif

I will be using them when walking to class across campus and exercising. I mostly listen to alternative rock with the occasional classical listening as well. I also like a bit brighter sound than normal, but not so that it is harsh or fatiguing. Budget <$55

I'm willing to be flexible, as they're for portable use. So anyway, can I get a little help deciding?

PS, can anyone measure the diameter of the part of the MX500 that fits in your ear in mm? Maybe I can guage how well they will fit then.

Jan 1, 2003 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 26
Never mind...I just re-read your post and realized my suggestion wasn't valid.

Jan 1, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 26
you on aol as bil?

remember seeing a person in the Mac or PC chat room with that username.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Maxvla
you on aol as bil?

remember seeing a person in the Mac or PC chat room with that username.
smily_headphones1.gif

AOL? No. Almost took that as an insult
tongue.gif
hehe

Jan 1, 2003 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: The Sony Eggos . The D22 or better yet the D66. They fold up and all the girls will want your body when you where them because they are so cool looking.http://audiocubes.com

Lou,

I agree about the D66s fitting the bill nicely...

But the D22s are too dark sounding for the 'brighter' recording preferences of bil...

Jan 1, 2003 at 6:49 PM Post #7 of 26
Duncan
HI: I totaly agree with you but he has only 55.00 to spend and the D66 cost 99.00. If he can come up with the 99.00 he will thank me a hundred times for reconmending the Eggo D66 and you two.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
D22? DARK? You are referring to my D22's, aren't you? If the D22's are dark then the PX200 needs a 'dark' meaning that only Rowan Atkinson can come up with...

are all of duncans cans previously owned by you? rofl.

Jan 1, 2003 at 7:03 PM Post #11 of 26
Maxvla...

I only have Bangramans DT250s, HD600s, A900s and PX200s at the moment... The D66s are going to be mine next month
biggrin.gif

Everything else in my profile, I bought myself - The only way I know how the D22s sound... is from our meets...

Bangraman...

You do have a point about the PX200s... but, the D22s sound like they're in a swamp compared to the D66s
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 26
bil
HI: They fold up to the size of a mans fist and sound almost like full size cans. ITs a trade off. Do you want average sound or do you want great sound.

Jan 1, 2003 at 7:06 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
bil
HI: They fold up to the size of a mans fist and sound almost like full size cans. ITs a trade off. Do you want average sound or do you want great sound.

If I were going to get them it would be the D22. How do these compare soundwise to the V6 and the HD497?

Jan 1, 2003 at 7:11 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

can anyone measure the diameter of the part of the MX500 that fits in your ear in mm? Maybe I can guage how well they will fit then.

Just measured them, with the foam pads, and got 3/4 inch diameter. Sorry, you'll have to do the metric conversion.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back