?Portable Headphones? -> ?Portable Amp? -> Iphone 3GS
Nov 24, 2010 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mblomstrand92

New Head-Fier
Hello

I'm currently done with my headphone setup at my pc which includes my Xonar STX soundcard and my lovly pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s. I love the sound of the M50's compared to my first pair of hi-fi headphones which were a pair of Sennheiser HD595s. I thought the Sennheisers 595s sounded all over boring. They did what they were made to do but i didn't enjoy the music at all played through them. The highs were to sharp and the music sounded flat. What i like about the m50's is that they really makes they music playful and intense. I stopped listening to heavy music when i had my 595s. Now i can really enjoy some old school hardcore music again.

Anyways, the headhpones are going to be used with my Iphone which i play mp3 320 kbps files on. If i were to categories my style of music it would have to be a mixture of: Pop/Punk/Rock/Hardcore/Alternative Rock. I don't have any knowledge about portable headphones at all so please suggest whatever that might suite me. And please recommend a portable amp to use with them cause i really want em to sound as good as they can with my music on the go. (sorry for misspellings, i'm in a rush)

Thanks for tips and thoughts!

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 2
What pricing point are you looking at?  The phiaton ms 400 might be good for you, you should look it up for read. If it cost too much maybe the ath es7 or denon d1001 both are around $100 US.

I had the es7 and I enjoy them.  Fast pacing headphone with good mid bass impact.  Very forward with decent sound stage and detail for close headphones. 

By the way all of these are on-ear, not sure if you were looking for IEMs or on-ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back