Portable headphones or IEM under $50
May 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PomPWNius

500+ Head-Fier
ABout 2 months ago my sister needed new earbuds because her old ones had broke. I told her that if she spent a bit more she could get something that sounds much better, and lasts a lot longer. Well she was very stubborn and got the same earbuds again. Well, a month later they broke. This time she asked me to help her. They can be earbuds, or portable headphones. She listens to soft rock. I was thinking either the Etymotic MC5, or the Sennheiser PX100. What do you guys think? I know $50 is not much at all, but she really doesnt give 2 ****s about quality, she just wants the things to last longer than a month.

May 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 2
Some great cheap choices

JVC HA-FX40 IEM $20 This sounds great. great detail
JVC HA-S160 Flats headphone.$13 Great sound. My favorite headphone under $40. Imo it sounds almost as good as the PX100.
JVC HA-FX101 IEM  $15 Extra bass and great detail.
JVC Riptidz IEM  $8. sweat and water resistant. Nice sound, but not quite as good as the other JVCs I mentioned.

These are great values.

The MC5 is interesting, but many think it is bass deficient. It does have great isolation and seems quite sturdy. With the nice earphones and headphone listed above so cheap, it doesn't seem worth it to spend $60 or $70 on a PX100II or MC5. The ones I listed above all together are under $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back