Portable headphones or IEM for girlfriend
Dec 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TobaccoRoad

500+ Head-Fier
I'd like to buy her a pair as a gift, but I haven't been on Head-Fi in a while so I'm not familiar with some of the newer headphones that's been out. I didn't find much success on searching option either, so I need your help. She's a typical mainstream listener, a lot of k-pop music on her playlist. She likes the Beats, and has showed interest in those Apple Earpods earbuds. I'd like for it to have bass in it, but not too much like my Sony XB700. And it has to be Android compatible so she can use it with her phone. It would be great if I don't have to spend over $100, but I wouldn't mind recommendations up to $200.

Thanks.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 6
  I'd like to buy her a pair as a gift, but I haven't been on Head-Fi in a while so I'm not familiar with some of the newer headphones that's been out. I didn't find much success on searching option either, so I need your help. She's a typical mainstream listener, a lot of k-pop music on her playlist. She likes the Beats, and has showed interest in those Apple Earpods earbuds. I'd like for it to have bass in it, but not too much like my Sony XB700. And it has to be Android compatible so she can use it with her phone. It would be great if I don't have to spend over $100, but I wouldn't mind recommendations up to $200.

Thanks.

You can consider V-Moda M80s. These are on amazon for 90$.

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 6
As for on-ear types of headphones, go with Momentum On-Ear, which can be had for $120-$140 right now, and come in a variety of colours and and use high end materials.

For in-ear, go with Shure SE215 or RHA MA750 (or MA750i for inline mic), each around $99-$119, and these IEMs provide the best value for the money, and amazing sound quality well above their price point class.

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 6

Thanks.

http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/#basshead
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back