Portable headphones / In ear 60-70$, mainly rock and metal
Feb 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Orel

Head-Fier
Hey, seeking some advice regarding choosing a new portable headphone, the max should be 60-70$ and ships internationally.
Basically my (appearantly fake) K450 have started getting problems on their right side, so I'm looking for new portable headphones (I'm using the ATH-M50 for at home listening).
So obviously, the JVC HA-S500 is a big canditate, and if I'm going on-ear I'll buy it and a hard case, but I'm debating whether I should buy it or let's say the VSonic GR06 or VSD1S. My main problem with IEMs is comfort, I bought Meelectronics CW31 which were quite comfortable at the beginning but after a while the wires got sort of tangled in their case and now they come out of my ear really easily, very annoying..
So what's your opinion? Has anyone gotten a chance to compare the S500 and a good in ear like the GR06? Which do you think is the better portable option?
Regarding sound signature, I like neutral or slightly emphasised bass with obviously good tightness and punch, mids that are neutral or a little forward (preferably not recessed) that are smooth and detailed, and highs that would mainly be smooth and non - fatiguing.

Thanks in advance :)

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 2
Monster Gratitude! 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back