Portable headphones help/suggestions
Jun 11, 2003 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
Hallo Everybody.

I hope you would have time to help me a littile
biggrin.gif
. I am looking for some portable, closed or semi-closed, headphones, that can run unamped. I would like not to much bass, and clear sound. These will be my first (semi)-closed headphones, and the price range is up to a $100.

I have been looking at the Sony D66 (eggos), and they look pretty cool. I have read some reviews on them, and they seem pretty good. My 2nd choice would be th e v6.

Which headphones, do you think is the best for portable (not to heavi), and clear sound (without to much bass), that runs unamped.

Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

~ Rasmus

Jun 11, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 9
welcome to head-fi, damn i had a long day at work. (non standard greeting plus my bitching).

2nd hand er-6s or ksc-35 sound about right.

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by pank2002
portable, closed or semi-closed, headphones, that can run unamped. I would like not to much bass, and clear sound.
[snip]
Which headphones, do you think is the best for portable (not to heavi), and clear sound (without to much bass), that runs unamped.

Senn PX 200 would be my choice here, and they're only $50. Great sound, very comfortable, closed (but not as "closed" as circumaural headphones).

Ety ER-6 or Shure E2c would be good for fully closed, in-ear-canal phones.

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 9
--> usc goose

Dont Worry, be happy
biggrin.gif
Just think about the poor kids in ethiopia, that dont have any food (Im not sure why, nut my host-dad keep telling my sis that
rolleyes.gif
)

[off topic]
The last 5 days i worked, before I went to the US, i worked 49:30 hours. I also made nearly $500 bucks. I love being dishwasher - free food, free soda, and pretty good payment, kindda.
[\off topic]

Well i was plaing on buying the mx400 or 500, for the gym. I dont like over-ear, like the ksc-35

--> MacDEF

I think I will try'em at the store in the weekend (the 200)

I dont really like the idea about sticking a *thing* inside my ear
frown.gif

[edit] isnt the px200 bubs a littile small [\edit]

[edit2] Oh BTW, thanks for replying [\edit2]

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 9
smily_headphones1.gif
i usually just think to myself, at least i'm not in israeli prison camp. cheers me up a little for some strange reason.

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #6 of 9
[off topic]
-->usc goose

I will use the israelli prison camp thing nxt time I bench-press - god I hate benchpressing
frown.gif

... Wait a min, your american (i think
confused.gif
), your supposed to support Israel, have you been watching BBC again ? Bad Boy.

Go and drink something. Where would the world be without alcohilics and alcohol. Even Jesus was a abusing alcoholic, you know you gotta be on *something* to turn water into wine. I mean comon. note: Im not trying to offend anybody.

Well think about if Pol Pot (Cambodia), had been president. The we would all be farmers. We would all only eat rice (I like rice, but it is better if you eat it with chicken). Or even worth, what if a dude from ... Texas got president
biggrin.gif

Note: the reason why I reply so fast is simply because it is a good excuse not to study for my math final wensday - ***** I just realisted it is tuesday today - earlier today I was repairing a Bball hup for the same reason
biggrin.gif
. I hate Trig, squareroots, and factoring even more then I hate benchpressing
very_evil_smiley.gif

[\off topic]

Well as i said i do not like the idea of putting a ice cream cone in my ear, I would rather have them around my ear. How much bigger is d66 compared to px200, and how is the sound compared to it ?

Thanks In Advance

~ Rasmus

Jun 11, 2003 at 2:59 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by pank2002

Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

~ Rasmus

I think this describes the D66 almost to a "T".

I can also agree with the PX200. There is more bass but it is not boomy. They are also extremely portable.

I also have the Shure E2s. So far I really like their portability and isolation. However, I do find the highs a little lacking, especially unamped. I still need to try them out with a few different sources and I need to try them with my META.

Hope this helps.

Jun 11, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks erikzen.

I think im gonna order them tonight. They seem to me, to be pretty good to, and they have a nice design.

Jun 11, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #9 of 9
happy listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back