Portable headphones for music player (X-fi2)
Apr 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Elanoir

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fi'ers. First time poster so be nice....

I'm currently looking for some new Portable headphones for my Creative X-fi 2 music player. I'm looking at a budget in about 100 Euros. I'm already thinking of the AKG K27i, from what I've heard their somewhat good for the price.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 10
Sennheiser PX200-II. To my ears they are better than k27i.

Cheers
K

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 10
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet...

What kind of music do you listen to (on the move) and how do you prefer too hear your sound?

Use your own words while being exact, it's about your ears and music
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elanoir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello head-fi'ers. First time poster so be nice....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please don't bump you thread on the same day.

lol...

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet...

What kind of music do you listen to (on the move) and how do you prefer too hear your sound?

Use your own words while being exact, it's about your ears and music
wink.gif

I listen to Disco, Funk, around that. I like them to be very good at the highs, medium too. I'm not that crazy about the bass but I want it tight and controlled.

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 10
My Sennheiser HD428 fits that description but is more neutral. From what I've read the HD438 should be warmer.

A Panasonic RP-HTX7 could work but is bassy. It worked great with groovy music although it needs a good burn in (for the bass especially) and can be modified for further improvement.

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Sennheiser HD428 fits that description but is more neutral. From what I've read the HD438 should be warmer.

A Panasonic RP-HTX7 could work but is bassy. It worked great with groovy music although it needs a good burn in (for the bass especially) and can be modified for further improvement.

Sennheiser HD428 Looks good, read some reviews and opinions, from what I've read about HD438 is that it has that warmer quality than 428, but what the **** is with the design of HD438. Me no like.

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #10 of 10
Yup, I still don't like it. A cheap bling bling Sennheiser, too bad about the styling although you can spray paint it or whatever works for the HD438.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back