Portable Headphones, DT1350,P5,Amperior or UE900?
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dml84

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am looking for a portable headphone, it should fit into my bag easily (Knomo Warwick) and it should be quit comfortable to wear. It should have a very good isolation cause I want to wear it at the office. I had the Custom One Pro (for testing) and they were to loud.

I had the Shure SE215, but I broke them yesterday. The sound was good, but that's all. I really liked the sound of the COP, really nice bass on level 2 and 3, but I was not happy when it comes to highs/treble. In a lot of songs the singers voice was very far away, for example: For Once In My Life, Stevie Wonder or Adele's Rolling In The Deep.
Usally I listen to all types of music, so it would be nice to have a allrounder. The perfect headphone should be fast enough for rock/metal, smooth enough for jazz and bright enough for classic music - is that even possible?

The DT1350 sound like a good choice, but I am not sure about the comfort, I often read
they are not really the type of headphones you can listen to for 2-3 hours? I would prefer
the UE900 but they are quit expensive, and I don't need an IE, On-Ears would be fine.
Actually I had the UE Triple Fi 3 before but the plastic cracked up after around 2,5 years.

I was also listening to the MDR-1 which fits perfectly when it comes to price and comfort,
but compared it to the Sennheiser Momentum it has not enough bass for me. It would be a nice choice, but it's to big and I couldn't carry it around that good.

Do you guys think that when it comes to sound quality it's worth to spend the money on
the UE900? Would the DT1350 do the same good job for less money?

It would be super awesome if you had any tipps for me, thanks!

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #2 of 2
Just curiosity: How did you break the se215? I have a feeling that mine will last more than I would like to use it.  

Check out the Amperior refurbished. An excellent deal and a very tough headphone to carry all day. 
http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_46888/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Blue-Refurbished-.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back