Portable Headphones Choice: CAL! 2, UE 6000, Status HD Two or Plugged Crown
Apr 29, 2016 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SelloutHipster

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'd like to change my Apple EarPods for some better Over-Ear portable headphones (I don't like In-ear and On-ear headphones). I've been doing some search and I've found this four headphones: the Creative Aurvana Live 2, the Logitech UE 6000, the Status HD Two and the Plugged Crown. Sound quality is very important for me, and I'm aware that the first two sound better than the other two, that's why I'm considering their purchase, but they're also more expensive and I personally don't like their design as much (design is also really important for me when it comes to portable headphones).

I currently own the Creative Aurvana Live 1, which I use for listening to music at home (I like their design, but not enough to wear them in public). I really like their sound and I'm very happy with their purchase. By the way, I listen to all kinds of rock and metal, and also some punk and blues.

Anyway, my question is, which of this four headphones would you recommend me buying for portable use? Is it worth to buy the CAL! 2 or the UE 6000 over the other two, even though they're more expensive and I don't like their design as much? Would the Status HD Two or the Plugged Crown be an upgrade to the CAL! 1 I currently use? Which sounds better the CAL! 2 or the UE 6000? Which sounds better the Status HD Two or the Plugged Crown? Have you tried any of them and what do you think about them?

Sorry for the long thread, for all the questions and for my bad English, and thanks in advance for your answers :D.
PD: I don't have any audio equipment shop near me, so please don't tell to try them all and then choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back