Portable headphones around $90: Creative Aurvana Live vs. JVC HA-S680 vs. Others? Need hard but TIGHT bass, with a sharp+engaging instrumentals/lyrics
Jan 21, 2014 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

halehaler

100+ Head-Fier
-Firstly, is there a high risk that I'll have to pay a tonne of customs importing the HA-S680s from Japan to the UK?

I've been planning on buying the CALs for a few months now, but I also realized I can get the JVCs for $88 too, which would you recommend, or perhaps others?

I listen to mainly hip-hop, my current headphones are too "warm" sounding. The bass is bloated and sloppy, leaking into the mid-tones of the song, the overall soundstage of the headphone is far too laid back (they're cheapish headphones, just Sony MDR 570LPs).

What would you recommend for around $85? I'd like an aggressive and very CLEAR sound for hip-hop, definitely not warm and sloppy.

Thanks. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #3 of 4
No headphones really spring to mind. The cal is a warm sounding one. You are probs going to pay for importing those jvcs. Try search for budget headphones, I remember there being at least one very good thread on it.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi,

You should consider Takstar HD6000. They have that V-shaped sound signature that you are looking for.

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back