Portable Headphone Shootout: ATH WS99 vs ATH ESW9A vs Custom One Pro vs MDR1R vs Sennheiser Momentum
Feb 21, 2013 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Trunks159

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey!
I was just wondering which one would be the best for me and among you head-fi'ers.

Comparisons and Reviews would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I have the Citiscape Uptowns and MDR 7506 and think theyre both superb cans! Comparisons will be appreciated!

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 11
Oh, and ill add the v-moda m-80 and m-100.

I definitly like my bass impact. And I use an EQ. These will all be unamped. By an iPod 4g and galaxy player 5.0. Maybe a fiio e11 or e6.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 11
The V_Moda M80 are amazing onear headphones with great overall sound quality, rich mids, crisp clear highs and realy wide soundstage( they improve with Amping). Sony MA900 are awesome open back headphones with deep reverbing punchy bass, highly detailed mids, highs and wide sound stage due to extra large dome type dynamic drivers. Denon D600 are another amazing sounding headphones out of any DAPs and it offers extended highs, crisp clear mid range and deep reverbing bass. momentum are very detailed but little bass light and I prefer Amperior over these, Ultrasone Pro900, DT1350 and ATH_ES10 are also very good sounding headphones for portable use.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #8 of 11
The V_Moda M80 are amazing onear headphones with great overall sound quality, rich mids, crisp clear highs and realy wide soundstage( they improve with Amping). Sony MA900 are awesome open back headphones with deep reverbing punchy bass, highly detailed mids, highs and wide sound stage due to extra large dome type dynamic drivers. Denon D600 are another amazing sounding headphones out of any DAPs and it offers extended highs, crisp clear mid range and deep reverbing bass. momentum are very detailed but little bass light and I prefer Amperior over these, Ultrasone Pro900, DT1350 and ATH_ES10 are also very good sounding headphones for portable use.

Do we have a caller? Lol

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the m-80 and ma900 thanks to you!

Do the ma900s sound marginally better than the m-80s?

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 11
Yes they are better sounding than M80 in mids and highs with better soundstage and bass is impactful n deep, so they are improvement in all areas. But M80 are realy good sounding and better than any beats headphones and perform very close to midrange fullsize headphones.

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #10 of 11
Yes they are better sounding than M80 in mids and highs with better soundstage and bass is impactful n deep, so they are improvement in all areas. But M80 are realy good sounding and better than any beats headphones and perform very close to midrange fullsize headphones.

You mean amongst the ranks of the m-100, mdr 1r, dt770, momentum, and others? All of which I have equal consideration in buying, in addition to the ma900.

If you have heard any of those, please post your thoughts on them. I have the DT770 pro 80 but don't have an amp and am going to just return them (even though they sound darn good) and buy one of those options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back